2014年7月12日星期六

Gorgeous Niagara Falls

      I have long cherished the hope of viewing the world-known Niagara Falls on site in personCertainly I can't miss the view of Niagara Falls now that I've arrived in 
America.  Before I started off, I learned from books that Niagara Falls is made up of three waterfalls that are located in the border of Canada and the United States. From largest to smallest, the three waterfalls are the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls. 
     On the afternoon of June 27, our trip brought me and my colleagues to  Niagara Falls.When we arrived, it's already about 7 0'clock p.m., we  hurried to Horseshoe Falls(the largest water falls of Niagara Falls) to catch a view of it before the sunset. Unfolded before my eyes are a wide surface of water, roaring and rolling to its destiny: the fall from about 51 meters high!The splashes and sprinkles caused by the high fall are like drizzles which dropped over me and blinded my eyes when I approached the bank of water falls. What a gorgeous view! It seemed like a dream view which I can't believe my eyes.     


                                                    a  view of Horseshoe Falls from the bank



      The next morning we approached American Falls from the bank, and  then enjoyed the view of it from observation tower.Although it's not a front view, it's really a beautiful panoramic view from the observation tower. If we had Canadian passports, we can cross the Rainbow bridge and had a ever better view. But I am already very satisfied with the view I got from the observation tower because it's a nearer view.

a bird's-eye view of American Falls of Niagara Falls from observation tower 


         Then we took the boat named "Maid of the Mist" to have a closer look at the waterfalls. The view from the boat is quite a different one we got from the bank. We actually saw less and heard more and felt more about the power of the waterfall. The water droplets blinded our eyes so much when we approached the waterfalls that we could barely open our eyes. We just felt we were in a world of mist and surrounded by thundering noise made by the waterfall.

a  view of American Falls  from the boat "Maid of the Mist" 





a  view of Horseshoe Falls  from the boat "Maid of the Mist" 




                                               rainbow  over Niagara River



1 則留言:

  1. Wonderful...congratulations on your successful blog...I know it took a great deal of determination on your part, and I thank you. I feel you will be very happy you did it when you return home.

    回覆刪除